Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. The installation procedure for this method is very simple. Now at the right bottom of your MI flash tool, you will see three options “clean all”, “save user data” and “clean all and lock”. Next, go to the MI flashing tool and tap on the Refresh button to see the connected devices. Open the MI Flash tool on your desktop and boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do this first turn off your phone and Hold down the Volume firmware Down button + Power button for few seconds.
- the drop
- This feature allows users to personalize their device to their liking and make it their own.
- XiaoMiTool V2 will take care of most of the operations you would need to do, from when you connect the device to your pc until the desired rom or piece of software is installed.
- Custom ROMs no doubt bring in a couple of extra goodies than what your device might not be shipped with.
Xiaomi Mobile Rom should be a first laptop, which you can do this process. In the mobile ROM Flash is that mobile and its ROM firmware file should be Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool in your PC. Xiaomi Mobile is to be connected to Laptop Xiaomi Driver La Latest Version is to be in install in your laptop. Before you proceed with the flashing process, make sure to follow the below preparation steps for smoother flashing process. Open the updater app on your phone – Select the three dots from the top corner and choose the update package.
- If you want only update system and keep your internal storage, choose “save user data” (flash_all_except_storage.bat).
- Xiaomi MI Flash Tool is a Windows application that allows Xiaomi/Redmi users to flash the stock firmware.
- Mi 6 Flash File (Sagit) Fastboot ROM via Xiaomi Mi Flash is the easiest tutorial to use.
- If you have any queries please leave a comment below.
- Now go the Extracted MIUI Fastboot folder and copy the path of the folder.
Custom ROMs typically offer improved performance, stability, and security, as well as additional features and customization options. There are a variety of custom ROMs available for various Xiaomi devices, and they can be installed using third-party tools such as TWRP or CWM. On the other hand, a ‘Fastboot ROM’ for Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco devices contain individual device partition images that could be flashed over the fastboot interface.
Despite the obstacles, flashing a factory image is the best option if you ever need to completely reset your device. It can also serve as the nuclear option if you’ve bricked your device and no other methods to fix it are working.